Icon Theme in LibreOffice Looks Wrong

Hello Everyone!

I have been using Zotero for a few years and I love it. I recently upgraded my laptop to Ubuntu 14.04 and noticed something strange.

I am running Zotero standalone, and installed the Chrome Extension and LibreOffice Plugin. In LibreOffice the icon theme does not match the rest of the application.

This looked normal in my previous set up (Debian 7) so I am not sure what changed or how to get it to match the rest of the theme. Has anyone seen this?

Please see the image below for a screenshot of what I am talking about. http://i.imgur.com/tY95fsZ.png
  • I have what seems to be the same problem. The icons in the Zotero toolbar in the LibreOffice extension have a navy blue background and otherwise wrong colors. See http://i.imgur.com/2U7cSCe.png

Note that the colors are slightly different compared to levlaz's post, but the problem seems to be related.

System info:

Linux Mint 17.2 (based on Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS)
    LibreOffice 4.4.3.2
    Zotero Standalone 4.0.28
    Zotero LibreOffice Integration 3.5.9

In LibreOffice, "Use a Java runtime environment" is checked and Oracle JRE 1.7.0_79 is used. (This is the default.)

I have tried removing Zotero's LibreOffice extension, deleting ~/.local/cache/libreoffice, and installing the LibreOffice extension again. This had no effect.

To test if the icon resource files had been corrupted during download, I copied a Zotero standalone installation from a working system, ran it, and installed the LibreOffice extension from it. This had no effect.

The odd thing about this is that I have two other computers with the same software versions for which the LibreOffice extension icons display correctly. Based on this, my working hypothesis is that the icons are delivered in a format which is processed by a dependency that differs between the two systems. Please share any ideas you may have.
  • edited February 5, 2016
    Was this issue ever resolved?

I'm seeing the same, although oddly when I first opened LO after installation the icons looked fine. They changed to the dark blue background as I hovered over each one, and never changed back. I've tried removing and reinstalling the plugin, but they are still wrong right from the start.

Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS fresh install, with LO 4.2.8.2, FF 44.0, Zotero 4.0.28.10, LO Plugin 3.5.9

I have another laptop with much the same configuration and everything is fine.