JURIS-M/zotero citing International Law materials

Hi there,

Is there a way to make zotero cite 'Article [x]' rather than 'Section [x]'. The accepted NZ law style guide abbreviation is Art. The closest option is choosing 'section', under the treaty item type, but it comes out reading:

International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, 993 UNTS 3 (opened for signature 16 December 1966, entered into force 3 January 1976), s 2(1).

If I try to change it manually, it then means it cannot update with other citations etc.

Thank you in advance!
  • In Juris-M, you cán just put "art." at the start of the locator field (or the Section field, if you want items for specific provisions in a statute or treaty):
    art. 123
    The "art." will be interpreted in the same way as the locator label, changing to plural when multiple articles are cited.
  • On a somewhat related topic, is there something similar to a 'suppress title' option?

For example, with legislation, regulations, international treaties etc, you can cite the Act fully the first time

'New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990, s 10.'

Then subsequent citations immediately following can just be:

'Section 11.' or 'Article 9.' etc etc
  • Also, to be able to cite a treaty fully the first time as

'International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR)'
    then it subsequently is referred to as 'ICESCR'?

I have ICESCR filled in as the short title in the item, but it doesn't seem to show up?
  • This will need attention. There is another reported glitch in the NZ Law Style that I need to address. I hope to get to it soon, once some other things in the project settle down.
  • edited December 21, 2015
    Just to confirm - where can I find this locator field ?

I am trying to do the same thing (but trying to fit Juris-M in to the AGLC), but can't seem to 'locate' the locator field !

EDIT: I think it is not a field in the database, but just in the drop-down when you select the section. When inserting a field, just pick 'section' and instead type in, e.g. "art 4". Makes more sense to me now - thank you !
  • Can anyone confirm if my understanding is correct? Doing it that way doesn't seem to update the references for plural, so I have a feeling it is not correct.
  • This is a picture of what I'm attempting: http://i64.tinypic.com/2it658y.jpg
  • That's correct. Plural recognition may fail in the current version, but your timing is good - I am currently working on a rewrite of the code that handles numeric fields, which will be ready for release in another couple of weeks. When it's done, plurals will be more reliable.