Searching notes in ZSA

2»
  • «The within-note search is a bug that I'd like to see fixed sooner rather than later.»

Yeah... that's it! Thank you very much...
  • Hi, I've been looking for this around the forum, but I understand now that it is not possible to do, so I would like to second the motion to be able to:

Search in individual notes
    searchword highlighting in global searches

Is this maybe happening in the near future!?
    Has anybody found a workaround this?

I use ZSA on a Mac (El capitan)
    Thank you
  • please don't double post.
    Nothing new on this, no workarounds I'm aware of.
  • oh, I'm sorry about double posting ... I'm relatively new to forum's methodology

Thank you so much for the fast response
  • Does someone know something about current developments concerning this issue?

I surely don't want to double-post but if this whole forum acts like a democracy system, where issues with the most votes get prioritized, I would like to cast my voice for this one!
  • You can search within notes in Zotero 5.0, which was released yesterday.
  • Oh my goodness, I started this thread in 2012 and am delighted this has now come to happen. Thank you to all the wonderful people who make Zotero work for the rest of us. I am right now going to DL 5.0. Donation coming soon, thanks again.
  • (Allow me to temper the excitement a bit by noting that the current implementation is suboptimal. We're using the search plugin from the third-party note editor we use, and the current UI is a bit intrusive. But it does work, and we'll try to improve this functionality in the future.)
  • Well I've just tried it and it does perform searches, so enthusiasm barely tempered!
  • So amazing, it works! I'm definitely in love with Zotero :P