Firefox connector shows it is saving duplicated PDFs while it's not

Hi, this is my first time here. I have been finding the similar topics but found none, hence this discussion.

Whenever I choose "Save to Zotero" to save a PDF file in Firefox, the "Saving links" pop-up box at the right corner will show it is saving 2 duplicated PDF files even though I only click save once.

If I tick "Retrieve metadata for PDF" box too, I will get two metadata retrieval pop-up status windows. The first one will show if the metadata retrieval is completed or not as usual while the second one underneath will only show "an unexpected error occurred".

However, I check in the Zotero Standalone list, there is only one item saved and no sign of duplicated file shown.

So, while it still imports PDFs successfully but it's annoying I have to click close the error window every time now.

I have tried re-installed Firefox add-on but it still behaves the same. Does anyone have the same issue like mine here or the solution to stop this annoyance? I have screenshots of this issue but I'm not sure how to post it here so if you would like to see please tell me how!

Thank you.
Nan.

P.S. I'm using Windows 8.1, Zotero Standalone (latest version) with Firefox connector. Also, English is not my native language, please bear with me.
  • Seeing that too.

Some additional info. This is for the Save to Zotero option in Firefox's download dialog. Saving PDFs via the icon works normally.
    Without the Retrieve Metadata box checked, there is no sign of the 2nd PDF except in the Saving to Zotero pop-up .

Debug ID D1573528951
  • +1, seeing the same problem. And at least some of the time duplicate PDFs appear to be downloaded, where only one of them is complete.
  • This should now be fixed in the latest beta.