Mac Word 2016 Toolbar

Hi, I just can't find the Mac Word 2016 Toolbar. I am running Zotero standalone and have reinstalled the Ms Word Add-in from the preferences. Anyone?
  • Try manual installation as described here:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#toolbar_does_not_appear_in_word_20042011_or_is_incompatible
    i.e. make sure the Zotero .dot file is in your Word's actual startup folder.
  • I have moved the Zotero.dot file and I think it might work... However, where is the Zotero toolbar supposed to be located (with 2016 MS has moved everything around so I can't find anything...)
  • I don't have any add-ins ribbon...
  • it should appear after restarting Word with the template (i.e. zotero.dot) in the right place. If it doesn't--can you see the Zotero macros listed under Macros in the Developer? Are they enabled?
  • Thank you for all help, but this is just too much fuzz ... In addition to not making the Zotero work, Word Mac 2016 has a very non-mac interface, everything is moved around and it stops working all the time... Seems like MS has released a beta-software... again... I´ve reinstalled Word Mac 2011.
  • Wittgenstein, I've also been frustrated w Word for Mac 2016. However, I've been able to reinstall Zotero under add-ins by using the directions adamsmith linked to earlier -- it's acting like Word for Mac 2008. I miss the floating toolbar, but c'est la vie.
  • edited December 8, 2015
    ZOTERO and MAC WORD 2016 does not work for me as well. Can't get the ZOTERO toolbar working (appearing in WORD 2016. I tried most of the forum recommendations, but I might just give up (after wasting too much time trying …).

Anyway, if there is any additional advice, please let me know!
    I use OS 10.11, updated ZOTERO stand alone to 4.0.8 and I am using the ZOTERO Word for Mac Integration 3.5.12

Also in my case, I do not have a MS OFFICE 2016 folder. The apps (eg Microsoft Word) are directly in the applications folder.

hmmmm
  • You're using an outdated version of Zotero. Update to 4.0.28.8 with the corresponding Word for Mac integration.
  • edited December 8, 2015
    Thanks Adam! A simple solution and it worked!!
    stupid me, I did an update before but it seems that I didn't do it properly.
  • I haven't looked at this for a wile - reinstalled Zotero to a new version and now it works!