Zotero Firefox won't sync, but Standalone does

On this machine, if I start a sync from the pane in Firefox, it never stops spinning and does not sync. But if I close Firefox, launch Z. Standalone, then that syncs quickly. After, the library in Firefox is also up to date.

Zotero works fine on two other machines, both in Firefox and Standalone.
  • Thank you, Dan. I just generated report 1640702011 about 10 minutes after manually starting a sync (by clicking on sync button) in Zotero/Firefox. The sync is still 'running' now and hovering over the rotating sync symbol reveals the message 'Last sync: 2 days ago'.
  • Oh, you're using Iceweasel — it's important to say that.
    [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE: Component returned failure code: 0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE) [nsIJSCID.getService]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 1235}]
    This is an error trying to access the Firefox login manager. You can try disabling the Gnome extension keyring integration extension to see if that helps. Otherwise, you'll have to try a stock Firefox build.
  • Thanks, Dan: yes, disabling Gnome Extension Keyring for Firefox fixed it. It seems like an old extension, so I uninstalled it too.

And, Yes, I am using Iceweasel on Debian Jessie--so many people have not heard of it called that, I referred to it as Firefox for simplicity.