Search inside one note

Hello,
I tend to make summaries and comments of articles within the Zotero notes, and these can sometimes get pretty long. Is there a way to search for a term within the current note? Or to highlight general search results (including inside notes)? As it stands, I copy and paste into a text editor, and search again, but it is not the easiest way to go about things.
Many thanks,
G. R.
  • Is there a way to search for a term within the current note?
    workaround : https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/11149/search-function-within-notes/?Focus=53842#Comment_53842
    highlight general search results (including inside notes)?
    no.
  • Thanks for the answer. I had a look at installing it in Zotero standalone, which is what I use, but the version of TinyMCE (3.5.7) is apparently no longer available for download on the TinyMCE site. Looks like I'll have to manage copying and pasting, for the time being, unless I'm missing some obvious way of getting 3.5.7 into Zotero. Thanks again.
    G. R.
  • I was not clear enough. Don't try to install TinyMCE, it's not possible… I was referring to Dan Stillman's comment in the other thread:
    you can right-click on the note, generate a report, and use Ctrl/Cmd-F, and then try to find the same place in the editable note. (Built-in search also works in HTML mode.)
  • Thanks for following this up.
    Oddly, the workaround doesn't seem to function on Zotero standalone. I can generate the report, but neither Ctrl+F, nor the search option on the dropdown menu gives me a search window. (The preferences option is also dead.)
    Again, thanks for your help.
    G. R.
  • Broken indeed…
  • Hi, I'm new to Zotero and agree it would be very useful to be able to search within notes. I've tried the generate report option (in Standalone) but, as with the other users above, the Ctrl+F and search options don't work. It would actually (in my view) be far preferable not to have to use a "work around" but to be able to search directly within the notes.

The other thing I've found frustrating about the Notes function is the lack of customisation. It would be great if there were more options as to style and size of font, formatting etc (making it more similar to a Word document).
  • +1 for the in-note search
  • Is this somehow possible?

Any news on this?

If not... Then

+2 for the in-note search
  • answered here: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/21400/searching-notes-in-zsa/#Comment_241656