sync issues

I imported a 50000 items documents .bib (by error of file). So I tried to delete it. As they are imported the same day I deleted it then empty trash. Unfortunately, these 50000 docs reappear constantly, freezing the client. They stay on the server. After several attempts I succeeded to have a local clean library. So I attempted to force sync from local to server but the 50000 docs stays and always come back. I save the correct library in bib and also as a sqlite archive and reopen a new empty account. Now I'd like reimport the correct library in the new account and clean the old one.
  • The sync with the new paid account worked. Now how can I clean the crashed account (a paid one too) without using the client?
  • Sorry, I'm not really sure what you're asking. You had a stalled upload last night on this account, which I helped through. What's the issue you're facing in the other account?
  • edited October 28, 2015
    Sorry, I clarify:
    0-I created this post as requested by someone frome the zotero team
    1-The account I post on this forum is blocked due to 50000 docs import mistake (impossible to sync to empty trash from client, I tried during 36h)
    2-I migrated to a new accout with 900 items (OK for zotero) by forcing an upload from one of my clean PCs
    3-could you reset the server now as it was at the beginning?
    4-My problem is solved by the new account (do not touch that one)
    5-you should tell users zotero is only made for tiny libraries
  • The account I post on this forum is blocked due to 50000 docs import mistake
    In what way is it blocked? As I said, this account had a stalled upload last night, and that has since gone through, and that was followed by a download. So if you're still having trouble, see Steps to Reproduce — we really need you to say exactly what the problem is. Feel free to write in French if you prefer.
    impossible to sync to empty trash from client
    What do you mean by this?
    could you reset the server now as it was at the beginning?
    I don't know what you mean by this.
    you should tell users zotero is only made for tiny libraries
    Many people use Zotero with 50K items. Sorry you're having trouble, but we can't help you unless you say exactly what problems you're facing, step by step, in the interface.

There's a current issue in which emptying the trash doesn't work well with a huge number of items, but as I said in the previous thread you posted to, you should still be able to delete those in batches. If you just want to start over, you don't need a new account — you can disable auto-sync temporarily, delete your Zotero data directory, and then do a Restore to Zotero Server to clear out the server, followed by a Restore from Zotero Server on any other computers. (Group libraries will be unaffected.)
  • Sorry for that, but even in French I can't explain more than a infinite rolling rainbow icon. So:
    1-Après une erreur de chargement d'un bib, j'ai essayé de supprimer 50000 références. Une fois dans la corbeille, il a été impossible de la vider après plus de 8h.
    2-Pour ne pas perdre mon temps, j'ai ouvert un nouveau compte et remonté une sauvegarde propre
    3-Maintenant cela marche pour le nouveau compte et je voudrais vider l'ancien sur lequel les références n'ont jamais été transférées dans la poubelle

I don't know if it is clearer for you and I am happy other users don't have issues. I use Mac El Capitan zotero standalone last version. I tried the link you propose. But after the restore I still have to delete the 50000 items in root, they move to trash locally, I try to empty and, ...bis repetita non placent.
    Open a new account is certainly not the cheapest and smartest thing to do but I lost 36h trying to debug and I have something else to do. So as my problem is solved, I'll not losing a lot of time in new experiments. But if I can recover the old account clear, that's nice.
  • Have you tried deleting the items from the trash in batches, as I've suggested?
    I took that into account..I also tried through the firefox plugin. Same problem and behaviour. Anyway doing that by 1000 50 times is not a funny thing. My solution is more brutal but efficient. Do you have a possibility to reset my data in factory settings on your side?
    I can empty the trash — which has 10,000 items — in your online account if you want to then do a Restore from Zotero Server. That would leave you with the 40,000 items that aren't in the trash — I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

If you simply want clear your whole personal library, you can do that yourself using the steps I explain above. If something's not clear, let me know.
    Anyway even by 1000 it frozes. You mean delete the local directory then force a local to server transfer?
  • You mean delete the local directory then force a local to server transfer?
    Yes.
  • Ok I'll try it later.Thank u.
    I tried. Doesn't work: green arrow turn and turn but nothing change on the server side. Maybe you could destroy my account and reopen a new one (I'll change username).
  • I finally succeeded by reinitializing 5 times (local (empty)->server).