American Journal of Psychiatry not 100% identical

Hallo together,
first of all a great thank to the zotero team and I think zotero is a great step forward as a research tool. Recently I had some trouble finding the correct style and for me this is a great issue.
A lot of times there is a Zotero style I would need e.g. American Journal of Psychiatry but it is not 100% identical with the one the journal asks for. I am not very good in programming, so I find myself editing the text by hand.
Has anyone come along the same problem?

Thanks for your help in advance.
  • What items do you have to edit by hand? That is, what doesn't AJP do correctly? If you can provide of list of discrepancies, it will be easier for someone to help you.
  • Thank you for your kind replay. I attached an example, which might show the differences. The first is created with Zotero the second is strait from AJP.

Four points did appear to me in the reference list to be different.
    1. AJP asks for all authors and not to use “et al.”
    2. The list of authors is separated from the title by a colon(:)
    3. There is no point after the Journal abbreviation
    4. The Month (Nov) and issue (11) are deleted

Thank you for your help.

1. Swanson J, Greenhill L, Wigal T, Kollins S, Stehli A, Davies M, et al. Stimulant-related reductions of growth rates in the PATS. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2006 Nov ;45(11):1304-13.

2. Swanson J, Greenhill L, Wigal T, Kollins S, Stehli A, Davies M, Chuang S, Vitiello B, Skrobala A, Posner K, Abikoff H, Oatis M, McCracken J, McGough J, Riddle M, Ghuman J, Cunningham C, Wigal S: Stimulant-related reductions of growth rates in the PATS. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2006; 45:1304–1313
  • Right now, this style is a dependent style that simply links to vancouver. So to fix these little problems means creating a new style that gets maintained separately.

The style includes no links to any documentation. Can you find such a link and post it here?

Also, can you check to see if who the publisher of that journal is, and if they might have a generic style that applies to all (or some) of their journals?
  • Thank you for your kind answer.
    The American Journal of Psychiatry is a Journal of the American Psychiatric Association (American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc.).
    They don't seam to use a generic style. "Focus" , one of their journals seems to apply to the same style, the other not.

I attach a link to their documentation:

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/misc/ifora.dtl

Many thanks.
  • OK, I'm busy, so didn't have time to test it, but the updated style is now committed. Can you reload the style and test it and report back?
  • Thank you very much for your work. I did test it and found three conflicts.

1.There is a period and space after the Authors list, which should be deleted.
    2. In the Ref.list the Month is taken from the Zoterodatabase and should not appear.
    3. The Volume is not seperated from the pages (Here it would need a colon)

Thank you so much for your help.

Created with Zotero:
    1. Swanson J, Greenhill L, Wigal T, Kollins S, Stehli A, Davies M, Chuang S, Vitiello B, Skrobala A, Posner K, Abikoff H, Oatis M, McCracken J, McGough J, Riddle M, Ghuman J, Cunningham C, Wigal S. :Stimulant-related reductions of growth rates in the PATS. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2006 Nov ;451304-13.

From AJP:
    2. Swanson J, Greenhill L, Wigal T, Kollins S, Stehli A, Davies M, Chuang S, Vitiello B, Skrobala A, Posner K, Abikoff H, Oatis M, McCracken J, McGough J, Riddle M, Ghuman J, Cunningham C, Wigal S: Stimulant-related reductions of growth rates in the PATS. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 2006; 45:1304–1313
  • OK, try again.
  • Thank you very much. The order is perfect. When I tested it, I found four differences concerning the space and the period at the very end.
    If possible
    1. there should be a space after the colon and in front of the Title.
    2. the space after the year should be deleted while a space would be needed between the semicolon and the volume.
    3. at the end of the reference list the period should be deleted.

Thank you so much for you great help.
  • Perferct. Thank you so much.