PNAS site translator

The PNAS site translator is still not working in Sync Preview. Is there a fix for this coming in the future?
  • Am eagerly awaiting the same!
  • The PNAS site translator doesn't seem to be working in any mode at all - all I'm getting is "embedded RDF" instead of the previous full data/access. . .
  • There is an outstanding ticket for PNAS. https://www.zotero.org/trac/ticket/1170

For the time being you can use the "Export to Endnote" function to get the full article info into your Zotero collection.
  • It looks like the ticket has been open for 3 months. That is a long time to wait for a new site translator. PNAS is a very important, often-cited journal in the physical and biological sciences. If it takes more than three months for Zotero to update a site translator for such an important journal, then it seems that zotero is not the tool for me. This is dismaying, since I like the Zotero a lot.

Additionally, it is not clear how to use the "export to endnote" function to import the full reference.

Please make this a priority.
  • It looks like the ticket has been open for 3 months. That is a long time to wait for a new site translator.
    We've been without a dedicated translator developer for a few months, but things should be picking up again soon.

A new web app to involve the developer community in translator maintenance is also in the works.
    Additionally, it is not clear how to use the "export to endnote" function to import the full reference.
    On the Extract page, click "Download to citation manager" in the Services box and choose "Reference Manager". Zotero will automatically import the reference as long as you haven't disabled the "Use Zotero for downloaded RIS/Refer files" Zotero pref. (You can also choose "EndNote", but "Reference Manager" will likely produce better results.)
  • I have created a translator for PNAS. Please update your translators or wait 24 hours for Zotero to automatically update.
  • Is this translator 8c1f42d5-02fa-437b-b2b2-73afc768eb07? That one still doesn't seem to be doing it for PNAS in my hands. . .
  • Derek,
    What is the link you are having trouble with? I will take a look at it.
  • Hmmm. . .looking it over, I think the problem is with the "Early Edition" section. For example, I just clicked on the abstract page of the paper on the top of that today:

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2009/01/21/0812413106.abstract

For that, I just get the blue RIS download. But when I go to the abstract of any paper in the current issue section, I get the full deal, as expected. . .
  • FWIW, I can't get the "Early edition" to work with the current translator, either.