Word track changes bug

I'm using Word 2010. When adding, editing or adding bibliography the track-changes setting "Final: show mark-up" changes to "Final", this hides all comments and all changes. This has to be corrected manually, but this keeps happening every time I add/edit citations.

I use Zotero Standalone. Zotero used to work fine with this setup. I've not changed anything to the settings, so maybe this was introduced with one of the updates?

Does anyone have a solution for this bug?
  • Hi,

I have the exact same issue!

Likewise using Word 2010, with Zotero 4.0.28.7. Connector version is:

Zotero-WinWord-Plugin-3.5.2

Issue is the same for both Zotero standalone and Zotero Firefox Plugin.

The issue was not present before updating to 4.0.x from 3.5.x that I was using before.

This one is very annoying, as one has to unhide changes every time a citation has been added/edited...

Any solutions yet?
  • edited October 10, 2015
    I'm also having this problem. I use Word 2013 and I'm running Zotero standalone 4.0.28.7 and Word Plugin 3.5.2.SA.4.0.28.7 (updated both recently). Every time I add a citation the comments on my Word document disappear and need to be toggled back on.

I don't know if this also happens with Firefox, as we are not allowed to run it on our computers (Uni restrictions).

As I use comments extensively to write notes on the document I am working on this is an extremely frustrating bug.

I see this also appears to be the same problem: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/52639/force-close-of-all-markup/
  • This needs bumping, it's a very annoying bug.
  • I have the same problem. Hope it is fixed soon as it is quite annoying. Thanks.
  • Same problem here too.
  • Any ideas? It's quite troublesome... I use both track changes and Zotero all day while I'm writing.

Thanks.
  • Thanks for the fix. This has been driving me bonkers!