Problem with Quick Format Citation Dialog of Word Plugin

The problem looks as follows:

Whenever I want to insert or change a citation in a word document there is a big delay between pressing the enter button and the disappearance of the quick format citation dialogue.

As a result, zotero cannot be properly used in this document.

The document contains a bit more than 200 pages so this might be the cause.

The problem does not exist in shorter documents.

Any ideas?
  • unfortunately that's currently just how it is in large documents. There are a couple of small things you can do (delete bibliography, use author-date citation style), but none of them will have dramatic effects on a 200pages (and respective number of citations) document.
    Best I can suggest is to edit in chapter/chunks and put it together in the end.
  • Thanks. I actually did it as you suggested. It seems to be the only feasible alternative.
  • Hi, I need to resume this discussion.

When I do as adamsmith suggested, there comes the moment when I need to put the single chapters together again. The question is now how can I create a bibliography for this big document?

Zotero seems to struggle with creating a bibliography as much as it struggles with the insertion of citations.

Manually putting together the reference lists from the different chapters is not really a feasible option.
  • you just do it once and have a coffee while waiting :)
    It should definitely work in the end (don't worry if you're getting "not responding" messages while it's working).