SciFinder - Does anyone uses?

in the chemistry area we often use Scifinder Scholar to search bibliography. So far zotero is uncapable of importing any of the exported files from scifinder. This makes me have to open every article webpage and then add one by one. Does any one know a fastest (better) way of using Scifinder and Zotero?

tks
  • @pgalgano, you could use a third-party tool to convert from SciFinder to a format that Zotero understands. This is only another workaround but it may be quicker than importing article webpages individually. Here's one suggestion:

1. Login at demo.refbase.net
    2. Click on "Import" in the page header and import your SciFinder data
    3. Use Zotero (in the usual way) to scrape the imported records from refbase
  • Thanks, I will try that...
  • I use SciFinder too and often feel the need to import citations into zotero. However, most of the time, I also want to have a link/file saved in the attachment so I have no option but to open the individual articles.
    Perhaps with some work, it might be possible to save everything including any links/pdf straight from SciFinder?
  • It's also worth mentioning that you should check if your school offers web access to SciFinder...the export function works like a charm in the web version. I didn't realize my school offered this until I came across it accidentally on the library's web site, so you might have to seek it out.