No syncing after updating to Firefox 41.0 (stable)

After updating to Firefox 41.0, Zotero for Firefox throws an error when opening the Zotero add-on and trying to sync with the Zotero servers. It says:

"Zotero has no access to your login information.
If you are using a master password, make sure it is correct.

This could also be due to a corrupted Firefox logins database. To check, close Firefox, remove cert8.db, key3.db, and logins.json from your Firefox profile directory, and re-enter your Zotero login information in the Sync pane of the Zotero preferences."

This error shows up after updating to Firefox 41.0 on two different machines (Mac OS X 10.10 and Windows 7 SP1).

I am using Zotero for Firefox 4.0.28.3 (stable) together with Firefox 41.0 (stable). When still on Firefox 40.0.3 this error never occurred.

Is this a bug in Zotero for Firefox, or do I indeed have to delete cert8.db, key3.db, and logins.json?
  • Try disabling your other Firefox extensions.
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks for your help.
    With all other add-ons disabled, I still get the same error.

When visiting other websites, saved passwords work correctly, though.
    And I haven't set a master password.

Are there any other options to solve this issue?
    Thank you in advance
  • My Report ID is 2072534688

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.10; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
  • edited September 23, 2015
    OK, this should be fixed in Zotero 4.0.28.4, available now. Thanks very much for reporting — this must have been a late change in Firefox 41 that we somehow missed.
    Confirmed — the problem is solved in Zotero 4.0.28.4 w/ Firefox 41.
    Thank you very much for your quick response!
    Thanks to both, I'm reactivating my Zotero usage (used in the last 12 months) and this thread is useful for me. I had to re-enter the account login in Zotero 4.0.28.3 for Firefox 40.0.3. Syncing seems to work without errors. Will now update to Firefox 41.0
  • Zotero 4.0.28.4 didn't entirely fix the username/password issues in Firefox 41. If you're still having trouble, upgrade to Zotero 4.0.28.5, available now.
This discussion has been closed.