More than the 6 colors

Hello,

I am working on a large research project and we have been using Zotero to keep all of our articles that are to be reviewed as well as organizing the articles that are of most interest to each of our 6 work groups. The allowed 6 color tags has been a great way to view the database at glance to see who might be interested in that particular article. However, we are moving to the process now where we will begin coding the articles using an outside survey source. It would be helpful if we would be able to use just one more color code so that the articles that have been reviewed already could be tagged with a different color so that all of our members know that it has been worked on. At the moment we are working with over 2000 articles, so this extra feature would be extremely helpful in our quest to review and code all of the articles. Would allowing another color to be utilized be an option? Or are there any suggestions for an alternative way to flag our articles that have been coded?

Thank you,

Samantha W.
  • You're not the first person to request that and I think Dan should probably consider allowing 9 or 10 colors.

One option until then would be to use a regular tag "coded" (for example) and a saved search (e.g. "To Be Coded") for the absence of that tag: The moment that tag gets added, the item is removed from the saved search.
  • I second or third the request for more than six colors. It is invaluable to see at a glance which items on a list have a particular tag in common.
  • The tag with saved search for absence of the tag is how I manage articles for my systematic reviews.

Samantha, I'd be happy to compare notes on some of the ways I organize the group library for managing reviews.
  • bwiernik — how do you do that? (re: "The tag with saved search for absence of the tag is how I manage articles for my systematic reviews.") I've tried it but with no success. :(
  • Just checking to see if there is any movement on this feature request. Note there are already provided 9 colors to chose from, and there are 10 number keys on a keyboard, so what is the reason for not implementing this request?
  • edited March 23, 2017
    edit