Importing a specific .ens file from my university

Hi,

I've been using Zotero for a couple of months and I'm sold to its philosphy and working manner.

But, I do have a problem. My university (Université de Montréal) works with EndNote. I'm making a master thesis in History and I want to use Zotero with Word to do that. I'm using 1.5 sync 3.6 on a Mac with 10.5.6 by the way.

So, I've learned alot of things through this forum but there is this thing. My department has created an EndNote style to use in our papers, wich is good. When I try to import the .ens file into Zotero, it tells me that the script "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/enstyle.js:404" is not responding.

The style looks like this :

BILLOSKI, T.V. Introduction to Paleontology. (6the éd.). New York, Institutional Press, 1992. 212 pages.
Résumé: Introductory text book for college-level students exploring the latest scientific discoveries, disputed theories of dinosaur extinction, and newest excavation, dating, and DNA restructuring techniques.

MOREHOUSE, S.I. & R.S. TUNG. « Statistical evidence for early extinction of reptiles due to the K/T event ». Journal of Paleontology, 17(2), 1993, p. 198-209.
Résumé: Northeast Spain: The stratigraphic position of the last dinosaur remains, found in the chron 31N interval, leads scientists to examine the possibility of a causal link between the extinction of reptiles in the Cretaceous period and the K/T event.

SCHWARTZ, M.T. & T.V. BILLOSKI. « Greenhouse hypothesis: effect on dinosaur extinction », dans B. T. Jones & N. V. Lovecraft (dir.), Extinction, New York, Barnes and Ellis, 1990. p. 175-189.
Résumé: A rapid build-up of CO2 in the atmosphere may have caused an increase in global temperature during the time of the dinosaurs. This global warming, known as the "greenhouse effect" possibly contributed to the extinction of the dinosaurs. Author explores new evidence.

As you can see, we use French quotes («») and not English quotes (" "), and I never was able to create a style using those with CSL. I've noticed that most of the styles are in English, you should create more for non-english scholars (just a suggestion).

So, could you please tell me if it is just a bug of Zotero (though I know that .ens is a proprietary format, thus undocumented, thus hard to use for Zotero) that will be corrected. Or at least can someone help to create a style corresponding to what my departement asks. Because for now, I have to manually edit my bibliographies, wich is a pain...

Thanks
  • As you can see, we use French quotes («») and not English quotes (" "), and I never was able to create a style using those with CSL. I've noticed that most of the styles are in English, you should create more for non-english scholars (just a suggestion).
    Before making sweeping assumptions like this (that, or example, just because the styles happen to be in English means that they aren't designed to work for other locales), you might want to first check to see if they're correct. I believe the lack of localized quotes is simply a missing feature, but everything else should be properly localized regardless of what style you use. Try it.
    So, could you please tell me if it is just a bug of Zotero (though I know that .ens is a proprietary format, thus undocumented, thus hard to use for Zotero) that will be corrected. Or at least can someone help to create a style corresponding to what my departement asks.
    See here.
  • Thanks, I'll do a proper request.

I didn't mean to offense. It's just that when I created a style with French quotes, it wasn't recognised by Zotero. Instead, I go question marks.