[Juris-M] [Word Mac plugin] "libraryID is not defined"

When I run "Zotero Refresh" on some (not all) Word documents with embedded Zotero citations, I get the following error:

"Zotero experienced an error updating your document.

libraryID is not defined"

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it? I'm running Juris-M 4.0.28.2m41, the Juris-M Word for Mac plugin 3.5.11m1, and Word for Mac 15.11.2. (The problem persists when I switch to the plain Zotero Word for Mac plugin 3.5.11.)
  • you should (as with all posts about juris-m) edit your first post and clearly mark the subject with [juris-m] to make sure that fbennett sees it.
  • grimmelm,

This is an error of first impression. To help pin it down, could you do these steps?

(1) Preferences -> Advanced -> General tab, and click "Enable"
    (2) Refresh a document to trigger the error
    (3) Preferences -> Advanced -> General tab, and click "View output"
    (4) Select all in the popup, save to a file, and send the file to me by mail

The log should show the code line where the error occurs, and from there we should be able to get an idea of the underlying cause.
  • I am getting the same error today too. So far it's only in older documents with Zotero cites; starting a new document doesn't create the error.
  • Frank will want the same debug from you.
  • edited August 19, 2015
    grimmelm, danepps,

I have a fix for this. It was triggered by items in the document that are no longer found in your personal or group libraries. The bug crept in during some work at the end of this last term, to support extraction of references from student theses—because I neglected to test the non-extraction case carefully enough.

I'll make a release of the fix after I get home this evening, and post back here.
  • Just tested the fix for the libraryID error on a colleague's Mac, and we find it's a clean sweep: it also seems to make the Word-plugin-reinstall warning go away as well. Release will be out in a couple of hours.
  • grimmelm, danepps,

Okay a fresh release of Juris-M just went up. Please give it a try.

Post back with your experiences - hoping for good news.