PDFs not uploading to Webdav from iPad bookmarklet

Whenever I use the Zotero bookmarklet on the iPad (or import via PaperShip, the third-party iOS app), the citation is typically added (assuming there's a translator), but the PDF file associated with the reference is *not* uploaded to the Webdav server associated with my account (as specified in the Standalone preferences). The bookmarklet presents a graphic that suggests the pdf *is* being added, and a pdf file appears to be attached to the reference in the Mac Standalone after sync. But clicking on that file reveals an error: no file attached. Looking at my Webdav (Box.net) folder, I see that no pdf was ever uploaded.

The bookmarklet on Safari for Mac (the same bookmarklet?) uploads the pdf to the webdav without any trouble. Is this a known issue?

Thanks!
  • I don't really see how the bookmarklet could work with webDAV. How would it authenticate you to the webDAV server? (Though I'm only about 90% sure here, could be wrong).
    Are you sure the bookmarklet on Mac Desktop doesn't just save the PDF to Standalone (which than syncs it to webDAV)?
  • I have exactly the same issue. The problem is that the ipad bookmarklet uploads files to
    zotero file storage. But if your standalone zotero is configured to use webdav it never looks for missing files in the zotero file storage and the pdf is not found.

A possible and very desirable solution is that the zotero client when configured to use webdav would try to search in the zotero storage for missing files and in the case that
    the files are in the zotero file storage (because the zotero bookmarklet) then move them to webdav
  • Are there any updates or workarounds to this issue? Thanks