Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure that Firefox is open and try again.

I just switched over to Mac and I cannot get Word and Zotero to talk to each. I get the following error message: "Word could not communicate with Zotero. Please ensure that Firefox is open and try again." I have poured over the the discussion boards and nothing has solved the issue. I have a debug ID #D2010493476.

Please help! I have a paper to resubmit for publication and cannot do so until this is fixed.

Halley
  • edited July 24, 2015
    Which versions of Zotero and Word are you using?
  • Not sure what version of Word you're using, but you might try updating Zotero. It looks like you have 4.0.26.3. The latest version is 4.0.27.7.
  • That's weird. I've followed the 'update' procedure several times now, so it should be running the most recent... but you're correct, it's version 4.0.26.3. I'll try updating it again...none the less, I'm using Microsoft office 2011 for Mac.
  • That did it! You're the best. Now to get it to work on my Mac desktop....which I think is related to Visual Basic not being installed (i.e., "Can't load Visual Basic for Applications" error).

Thank you!
    Halley
  • For the update issue, Updates Not Detected may be relevant.