Referencing a specific *table* in Word

The Add/Edit Citation dialog offers options to cite a specific page, book, chapter, column, figure folio etc.

'table' is not possible.

Does anyone know if (and how) I can edit that list?
  • and yes, I know I can simply use the suffix for that. But then I have to adapt the formatting manually to different styles.
  • you can't. First time anyone has requested that, too, so not sure how much demand there is that'd warrant adding it.
  • well, I'd be happy if there simply was an entry 'Table' in the list - I don't have to edit it ;) Oh, and 'Appendix' would be cool :)

thanks for the answer!
  • I have often needed to specify a Table and couldn't do it (and then didn't make a forum post, sorry) so there is now a demand of two users!

Most often, though, I wish I could specify a Plate. I was surprised not to see Tables and Plates in the list.
  • THAT! Plates are such a big thing in old paleontological publications, especially paleobotany!
  • I add my voice to add Table in the list. Now I write my PhD thesis about future water needs in agriculture and I find that I use citation of the table multiple times.