'zotero' menu broken? (mac standalone)

I just setup a couple new lab computers with Zotero standalone 4.0.27 on macs (retina iMacs, yosemite 10.10.4).
On both computers, some bug is preventing me from accessing the preferences menu. When I click the 'zotero' menu, the only item there is "quit". When I press the command–, keyboard shortcut, nothing happens.

I copied over an old 4.0.20 from the old computer and it loads fine, including preferences.
Did preferences move or is this actually a bug? I didn't see it with a quick scan through the other menus.
  • That's a Mozilla bug we're waiting on a fix for, but you can access the preferences from the gear menu in the Zotero toolbar.
  • Dan, thanks for that info. I just updated to 4.0.27 (also Retina iMac, 10.10.4), and encountered this issue. It also blocks access to the OSX 'Hide' application function in that menu, which I use for Zotero all the time. So looking forward to a fix!

Any ETA on when Mozilla might patch this?
  • FYI, for anyone with an issue similar to mine, triggering an Applescript containing the following code will "Hide" it, even in the absence of that option from the menubar:

tell application "System Events" to tell process "Zotero" to set visible to false
  • It also blocks access to the OSX 'Hide' application function in that menu
    It doesn't block it – you can still trigger that from the Dock icon. It does prevent the shortcut key from working, though.
    Any ETA on when Mozilla might patch this?
    Not yet, but we'll post here when we have more info.
  • This is fixed in Zotero Standalone 4.0.27.6, available now.