New Zotero Update Closes Unexpectedly

With the latest update to Zotero, downloaded from the Zotero website, and it closes unexpectedly after a few minutes. I have Webroot, and I have put Zotero.exe in every "Allowed List" I can find. Is there a way to roll back to a previous version? I started getting these phantom crashes with the update.
  • You can always reinstall an earlier version by modifying the download URL by hand based on the versions in the changelog, but if you want this fixed we'll need to debug it — you can't stay on an older version forever, and so far nobody else has reported this.

Does this happen if you leave Webroot disabled?

And what happens exactly when it closes? Is there an error message?
  • edited July 3, 2015
    So far, I have added Zotero to all the allow lists in Webroot, and that did not help. But, Zotero seems not to suddenly close when Webroot is disabled. I also found that Webroot just came out with a new version yesterday which was automatically installed on my computer, around the same time as Zotero. I have engaged Webroot Support on what might be happening.

No error message. Zotero just randomly closes between 2 to 10 minutes after being opened. Unfortunately, since both applications rolled out an update on the same day, it's hard to know what's causing this.
  • edited July 3, 2015
    Well, the issue is Webroot, regardless. Whichever update it was triggered by, it's still a problem that Webroot will need to fix.
  • How do you know that this is a Webroot issue and not a Zotero one?
  • If Zotero doesn't crash when you disable Webroot, it's an issue in Webroot.
  • edited July 3, 2015
    For what it's worth, you could simply use Zotero for Firefox while you're waiting for Webroot to address this. Zotero for Firefox will share your existing data directory by default, so it's trivial to switch between the two.