Error when exporting bibliography

Error message when right clicking folder of references to create bibliography. (WinXP, Chicago Manual of Style, Copy to Clipboard).
  • This should only be happening for those who had the (private) Beta 1 installation of Zotero, not new users of the public beta (officially 1.0.0b2). We're working on a solution for users of earlier installations. If new users are getting this error, please let us know.
  • OK, for users who are having this problem, please download Zotero again--the problem is fixed.
  • I'm not getting an error, but I have noticed that Zotero won't create bibliographic references for certain item types, in particular "Report". Thanks, guys. Tom
  • Export does not work for me at all. I right click on a reference or collection or a note and click export and nothing happens.
  • clarification of above comment: create bibliography works, but export does not.
  • I had the problem before (b/c of private beta), but it is working fine for me now
  • I've reloaded Zotero again this morning. Still can't export anything. I right click on an item to export and nothing happens. No dialog box, no freezing, nothing. This also happened with the private beta. I uninstalled Zotero, deleted the old zotero folder from my firefox default profile, and reinstalled. Still nothing. Any ideas?
  • Shel -- you may want to try it with a fresh Firefox profile (http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile), as it's possible that something is corrupted in your Firefox settings. (If you don't mind losing some window settings, deleting or moving localstore.rdf in your profile directory would probably be equivalent.)

If a new profile doesn't do the trick, you could try the "Advanced Instructions" in http://www.zotero.org/documentation/reporting_bugs, which may give us enough info to figure out the problem.
  • @shel, dan: Had the same problem (for more detailed description, see also thread: Can't import or export) and creating a new profile did indeed help. Unfortunately I can't really abandon my old profile (cookies, plug-in prefs, passwords etc.), so do you have any idea where exactly the problem might be located?
    Thanks,
    Harald.
  • Reinstalling Zotero and removing firefox default did the trick. I can export now. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • I had a related problem and could not export zotero (even though report generation was OK), using svn xpi 1.5a1r3112

bug report sent with ID 85721697, the related errors seem to indicate a failure in loading the required labels in the xul file.

The error I got is:
    Erreur d'analyse XML : entité non définie
    Emplacement : chrome://zotero/content/exportOptions.xul
    Numéro de ligne 40, Colonne 5 :
    <label value="&zotero.charset.label;" control="charset-menu"/>

and a similar error occured when calling for the preferences dialog:
    Erreur d'analyse XML : entité non définie
    Emplacement : chrome://zotero/content/preferences/preferences.xul
    Numéro de ligne 330, Colonne 2 :
    <prefpane id="zotero-prefpane-styles"
  • berteh: Please post issues with the Sync Preview to the Sync Preview category.

For this error, see the note for non-English users in the account setup section of the instructions page.
  • Hello,
    I am using the version 2.0.3 and I have the same problem. I can't create a bibliography. There occurs "An error occurred generating your bibliography. Please try again."
    Can anyone help me?
  • JelenaSt: This is a very old thread and no longer relevant. Start a new one and provide a Report ID. Also check what style you're using and let us know whether it occurs with a different style.
This discussion has been closed.