Selecting ALL sources of a folder for a bibliography

Does someone know how to select ALL sources in a folder to create a bibliography. When I click the select all box, it only selects those showing on that page, when I move to the next page and hit select, the previous selected items are unselected. I would like to be able to select all of the sources in a folder (more than 25) which is what it shows per page.

Thank you.
  • You cannot do this on Zotero.org, but you can do it in the Zotero client on your computer
  • Reviving this question, because I am trying to find out how to select ALL sources in a folder to create a bibliography from the Zotero client.
  • OK, answering my own question, I right-clicked over the folder in the left column and chose the Create a Bibliography option. Another question, though: is it possible to generate one that includes the abstracts?
  • https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=American%20Psychological%20Association%206th%20edition%20%28annotated%20bibliography%20with%20abstract%29

If you want a different citation style, though, you'd have to modify it to include the abstract.
    Also note that the formatting will be off when using the clipboard for the bibliography. It will come out correctly saving to RTF or using the Word/LibreOffice add-on.
  • Hi, I'm having this same problem but right-click isn't working for me, it doesn't give me th eoption to create a bibliography (from mac, also tried control-click doesn't work). Any thoughts? Seems like a pretty basic function to be able to create a bibliography from an entire folder. thanks, Tamara
  • @tamaraturner do you use the last version of Zotero? My suggested first step is restart Zotero. You can also use right-click in the middle column.
  • HIya, yep, just downloaded the most recent version. When I right click and scroll to 'Zotero' it only gives me options to save as a web page or other things, but nowhere can I find "create a bibliography.' By the middle one, do you mean at the top of the page? I tried that, too.
  • If you see "Save to Zotero (Web page)" then you do not click in the left panel of Zotero client but on the Zotero Connector for saving current web page/document to the Zotero. You have to open Zotero client.
  • Ah okay--last question, then: I've been saving my sources to the online Zotero (connector, it's called?) because of traveling and HD issues. When I set up the sync with client installed on my laptop, will the online sources be transferred over to zotero client? Just want to make sure that my empty client library won't replace my very full online library. thanks!
  • edited March 29, 2017
    Yes of course, but if you are not sure, in the first step control your online library on https://www.zotero.org/your_name/items. In the second step, you can set-up direction of the transfer by the resetting sync (see https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sync_reset_options)
  • No, do not use the sync reset options. They are not intended for general troubleshooting and certainly not for this case.

Zotero never deletes items from your account unless it explicitly receives a "delete" command from the client. If you install the client on your computer and set up your login credentials, syncing will just download the items from the server into the client. If there are existing items in the client, syncing will merge the two sets of items. This is the standard use case for Zotero.
  • Just to reiterate what bwiernik says: you absolutely don't want to use the Reset options for this. Normal sync is all you need.