Adding "and" before the last author

Hi,
It is grateful if i can have some suggestions on how to add "and" (instead of ",")before the last author, such as

from
"Chen Y.X., He Y.F., Kumar S., Fu Q.L., Tian G.M., Lin Q. (2002). Soil phosphorus status under restored plant covers established to control land degradation in the red soil region of South China. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 57:381–387."

to
"Chen Y.X., He Y.F., Kumar S., Fu Q.L., Tian G.M. and Lin Q. (2002). Soil phosphorus status under restored plant covers established to control land degradation in the red soil region of South China. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 57:381–387."

Cheers,
  • not clear what level of instructions you need. The short version is to add and="text" to the corresponding <name> node of the style you're modifying.

If that's unclear, maybe talk a bit more about where you're coming from, what you need this for etc. so we can taylor answers to that.
  • Dear Adam,
    Yes, A conference requires such as style. I followed your instruction and it works, but how can i get rid of the "," before the "and"?

from
    "Chen Y.X., He Y.F., Kumar S., Fu Q.L., Tian G.M., Lin Q. (2002). Soil phosphorus status under restored plant covers established to control land degradation in the red soil region of South China. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 57:381–387."

to
    "Chen Y.X., He Y.F., Kumar S., Fu Q.L., Tian G.M., and Lin Q. (2002). Soil phosphorus status under restored plant covers established to control land degradation in the red soil region of South China. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 57:381–387."

What i did was adding an="text" within the third <>:
    <macro name="author">
    <names variable="author">
    <name sort-separator=" " initialize-with="." name-as-sort-order="all" delimiter=", " and="text" delimiter-precedes-last="always"/>
    <label form="short" strip-periods="true" prefix=" (" suffix=")"/>
    <substitute>
    <names variable="editor"/>
    <names variable="translator"/>
    </substitute>
    </names>
    </macro>

Cheers,
  • edited June 9, 2015
    change delimiter-precedes-last="always"
    to delimiter-precedes-last="never"