Error migrating Zotero database

My system:
Mac OS X 10.4.8
Firefox 2.0.0.3

Today when I started Firefox I was presented with a screen indicating that there was an update to Zotero. I selected "install updates." When Firefox started, I got the error message "Error migrating Zotero database."

Oh no!

Not all was lost. I downloaded the zotero.xpi Firefox installation package again and re-installed. Restarted Firefox, and my database was intact.

*Whew*

HTH,

Matt
  • Matt,

Were you on the development XPI update track, or was this the main Beta 4 update?
  • I'm having the same problem, but I have Windows XP and reinstalling didn't fix it. Here's the error from the error console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "ServiceManager::GetService returned failure code:" nsresult: "0x80570016 (NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/include.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 4" data: no]

Erica Buchberger
  • Erica (or some else experiencing this),

Can you start up Firefox via the command prompt and send us the debug output?

1. Go to about:config in the URL bar and make sure extensions.zotero.debug.log is set to true.

2. Close Firefox, and then restart it via the command prompt:

a) Start, Run, cmd
    b) cd C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    c) firefox.exe -console

3. Copy the debug console output and either paste it into a message here or send it to us at support@zo.....org.

Thanks a lot, and sorry for the trouble.