Printing a tag list

Hi all! I've decided to clean up my Zotero database by editing and simplifying tags. To plan the new categories, I'd like to print out a full list of current tags, because they're too many to view through the interface. Is that possible at all?
  • by installing Zutilo
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/zutilo-utility-for-zotero/
    you can copy a list of all tags of all selected items to the clipboard (and then, obviously, copy it to a word processor and print it).
  • It works, thanks!
  • This could be really useful. But is there a way of copying only the tags I have added myself to the clipboard, and leaving out the many automatic tags?
  • Unfortunately, I don't think so, no.
  • The CSV export distinguishes these two types of tags, if that helps you anyhow.
  • Thanks both. That's a shame - but thanks for the tip re CSV export - not quite what I'm after but useful to know.
  • WA
    edited April 23, 2015
    Is there any way of copying ALL tags (not just the item selected). The number of tags has greatly expanded by automatic additions and synonyms. I need to clean them up.
    Alternatively, how can I select ALL items (~6000) and copy ALL of the tags?
    Thanks!
  • I haven't tested this with Zutilo, but at least theoretically you should be able to get all tags by selecting all items (i.e. go to "My Library" and select all) and then copying tags to clipboard
  • I selected "My Library", but there is no "Select All" option in the drop-down. Am I looking in the wrong place?
  • It's the same as anywhere else on your computer: ctrl+a on Windows/Linux, cmd+a on Mac.
  • Sorry, Adam. I'm a bear of little brain. I could not get it to work. The required add-on below the Zutilo add-on did not apply (Zotero Bookmarks add-on).
  • sorry, I'm not following. I'm not aware of a Zotero Bookmarks add-on, and you don't need it for this.
  • It is on the Zutilo page as required to make Zutilo work.
  • that's just plain Zotero. "Bookmarks" is the category. So if you have Zotero installed you're good.