[Word plugin] How to find out missing citation style

Dear forum,

I am just testing Zotero's Word plugin, with focus on collaborative editing of the word document that includes the Zotero bibliography together with coauthors (who have access to a shared Zotero library).

Overall it is working pretty great, even across platforms. There is just one little thing I noticed:
All coauthors need to have the citation style installed that is being used. This is not a problem per se, but when a coauthor opens the document and does not have the required citation style installed, he is not informed about this problem (instead I think his default citation style is selected).
Wouldn't it be helpful if, upon opening the word document, the coauthor was informed by zotero about which citation style was used? Or did I somehow overlook this piece of information?

Best,
Leopold
  • edited March 25, 2015
    Yeah, I don't think we warn on this currently, but we should — and offer to install the style automatically if it's from the Zotero styles page. I've created an issue for this, though I don't know when it will happen.

(Technical note: We could actually offer to install any style automatically, but I think we'd have to start storing the link as well, since right now we appear to only store the id, which is only deferenceable for Zotero styles page styles (and for clarity probably shouldn't be an HTTP URI at all, though a migration wouldn't be an easy feat at this point).)
  • edited March 25, 2015
    (and for clarity probably shouldn't be an HTTP URI at all, though a migration wouldn't be an easy feat at this point)
    I would like to change IDs to just their file name, eventually. E.g. "apa" instead of "http://www.zotero.org/styles/apa". The tricky bit in migration is probably conflict resolution in case people already have a custom "apa" style installed.