link a file to zotero in portable hard disk

Hello all,
I'm sorry if my English is bad.
I'm French student and I'm very interested by Zotero for my bibliography.
I work on several computers and all my work is in a portable hard disk.
On this hard disk, I would like install a Firefox portable version with zotero. With this system, I can refer to my bibliography on all computer.
I have seen that we can give a link toward a file for a bibliographical reference. I'm asking me, if the disk letter changed, zoterro could found the file or not? Because, I can't change the letter of the portable disk on the diffrent computers.

Thank you for your answers
Logan
  • I don't think this should be a problem. If you are running portable Firefox it should be able to find info within its own profile, your Zotero data is stored in the same place as Firefox bookmarks and such. Have you tried this already? Because it should just work.
  • Links to external files won't work if the drive letter they're on changes, but imported files (i.e., snapshots, files stored via "Store Copy of File", files dragged in) will continue to work.
  • ok
    thanks for your answers
  • Logan,

I am surprised to hear that you could not standardise the drive letter for the portable disk. The following link discussed how you can do this in windows. If you are using Linux ask the appropriate question in the support forum for your distribution.

Simon