Citing speeches that are untitled

I want to cite a speech that was given at a conference, but did not have a title. I have a transcript of the speech, so I'm actually citing the transcript, which was complied by the meeting sponsor.

No Zotero type seems quite to fit the bill -- presentation comes closest, but if I put "speech" in the Type field, the "presentation" afterwards isn't capitalized.

Powell, Colin, General. Speech. presented at the American Road and Transportation Builders Association, 50th Anniversary of the Interstate Highway System, Washington, D.C., June 29, 2006.

This style is CMoS 16th (note).

[I am also not sure how/whether to include the title "General" in his name, and if so, whether the above is correct.]
  • (you'd not include titles for authors/speakers in CMoS)

I'll look at the style, I though it should do that correctly.
  • Something is off with your Chicago styles. There is no period after "Speech" in the current Chicago note style. Have you tried re-installing it from zotero.org/styles?
  • edited March 1, 2015
    I just tried to reinstall them. From preferences/cite selecting styles I deleted the 3 Chicago styles and then added them back in. I restarted my machine. The period after speech is still there, as below:

Powell, Colin, General. Speech (unedited transcript). presented at the American Road and Transportation Builders Association, 50th Anniversary of the Interstate Highway System, Washington, D.C., June 29, 2006.

Note: I had updated the type field in the Zotero entry to read: "speech (unedited transcript)", so it appears slightly differently than in the earlier post.

Please advise if there is a better way to delete and reinstall the Chicago styles.
  • could you open the style in the test pane and find where it says
    <macro name="issue">

and copy&paste that passage down to the next </macro>
    here. It's about 50 lines and will be pretty far towards the bottom (around lines 940-990 if you're looking in a text editor).
  • for the test pane: http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/reference_test_pane
    not sure if we mentioned that in the other thread.
  • wait, never mind, I think I've got it.
  • Just checking back on this to see if you are waiting for something f from me. Thanks.
  • no, I have a fix for this, it's just packaged with some other stuff that I'm still making sure is OK. Absent any problems, I'll push that out tomorrow (Wedn.) night and post here.
  • The style is now fixed. The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Update your copy of the style by clicking "Update Now" in the General tab of the Zotero preferences.

Styles also update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+
    In an existing document, you may have to switch to a different style and back for the changes to take effect once the style is updated.
    Any further problems please let us know & thanks for reporting
  • Looks like it's working:

Powell, Colin, General. Speech (unedited transcript). Presented at the American Road and Transportation Builders Association, 50th Anniversary of the Interstate Highway System, Washington, D.C., June 29, 2006.

Thanks very much.