Syncing on USB drive

So to sync with a USB drive, why dont you just point zotero to the proper folder on the USB drive when opening up zotero on a different computer? Shouldnt it be able to recognize your default library?

This seems to work fine for me...not sure about others.

Thanks for any insight,
Michael
  • Yes, that works fine. The difference from Portable Firefox is that you'll need to configure each computer you use, and you won't have your other Firefox data (unless you've configured that too). But it should be faster than Portable Firefox.
  • edited December 5, 2008
    yeah, just tested it out on my home computer than in a computer lab and works great!

could we add this option to the syncing page? might be an easy alternative for people....

by the way, thanks for a great product. its really catching on here at Oregon State. keep up the good work!
  • I think this might be the right forum for me, but not sure. I am using both portable firefox and firefox on my work computer. I find that I have mixed up the zotero databases so that I have different references on both versions. Can I bring these together into one system as I am changing my work computer to a laptop where I will not need to use two systems.

I have tried to import one library into the other, but have been unsuccessful. Is help available?
    Cherry
  • edited December 8, 2008
    Have you tried the approach described at the link below?

http://www.zotero.org/support/infrequently_asked_questions#importexport_and_creating_bibliographies

Look for "I have two Zotero libraries. How can I combine them?".
  • Thanks
    will do