There was an error starting Zotero

As of this morning I am unable to get my zotero standalone to start. The database lives on a shared partition on my dualboot windows 7/Ubuntu machine. I went through the start-up error page and obtained this from my terminal:

1423147909091 addons.manager WARN Exception calling callback: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520013 (NS_ERROR_FILE_READ_ONLY) [nsIFile.copyTo]" nsresult: "0x80520013 (NS_ERROR_FILE_READ_ONLY)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://papermachines/content/papermachines.js :: Zotero.PaperMachines._copyOrMoveAllFiles :: line 1198" data: no] Stack trace: Zotero.PaperMachines._copyOrMoveAllFiles()@papermachines.js:1198 < Zotero.PaperMachines._copyAllFiles()@papermachines.js:1209 < Zotero.PaperMachines._updateBundledFilesCallback()@papermachines.js:1175 < Zotero.PaperMachines.init/<()@papermachines.js:311 < safeCall()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:173 < getAddonByID_safeCall()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:2012 < getAddonByID_getVisibleAddonForID()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:3808 < makeSafe/<()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProviderUtils.js:146 < completeAddon()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProviderUtils.js:135 < this.AddonRepository.getCachedAddonByID<()@resource://gre/modules/addons/AddonRepository.jsm:575 < TaskImpl_run()@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:314 < TaskImpl()@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:275 < createAsyncFunction/asyncFunction()@resource://gre/modules/Task.jsm:249 < getRepositoryAddon()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProviderUtils.js:137 < this.XPIDatabase.getAddon/<()@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProviderUtils.js:1071 < Handler.prototype.process()@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:865 < this.PromiseWalker.walkerLoop()@resource://gre/modules/Promise.jsm -> resource://gre/modules/Promise-backend.js:744 < openModalWindow()@resource://gre/components/nsPrompter.js:369 < ModalPrompter.prototype.openPrompt()@resource://gre/components/nsPrompter.js:552 < ModalPrompter.prototype.alert()@resource://gre/components/nsPrompter.js:604 < Prompter.prototype.alert()@resource://gre/components/nsPrompter.js:58 < ZoteroPane

Am I reading that correctly as essentially a file permission problem on the drive? I am a bit stumped as to what happened here, I haven't touched anything relevant (and the only thing which I changed in Zotero was installing the better (bib)latex extention which surely can't have this kind of impact).

Anyone with ideas on things I should try?
  • yes, you are reading that right. Is this from both OS?
  • yes, or at least same error/impossible to start on the windows side, I forgot to run the jsconsole debug there. Might go and try that, but suspect it will tell us the same thing