Merged object when local and remote object are in conflict

We are two working on a same zotero account but each of us on our own computer. Sometimes (more often than not) there are conflicts when the two of us are working at the same time on zotero (sometimes on the same citation, sometimes not). In that case, Zotero asks one of us to select the local or the remote copy. There is a third column named "merged object"

This is really confusing because "Merged object" is in fact not a merged object of the local and the remote object. It's a simple copy of either one. That would be great if the third column would be indeed a Merged Object taking part of the Remote and the Local Object, just like in the Duplicate Item merge windows.

That would also be great to be able to edit the fields of the merged object.
  • That would also be great to be able to edit the fields of the merged object.
    For item (not file) conflicts, you should be able to (though not like in the duplicate window — I agree that'd be nice). Did you try clicking on the fields?

It's "merging" in the sense that there are two objects in conflict and when it's done there's only one, with manual edits if desired.
  • I forgot to mention that, in our case, most of the time the conflicts are about notes... so no fields - I tried to click in the "merged object" notes but it's not editable.

It's good to know, though, that the fields are editable for items, I will tried next time it happens.

Thanks for your time Dan!