Summon 2.0

2»
  • ProQuest said they didn't do anything.
    that's only partly true. The Summons team hasn't done anything, but ProQuest Flow uses the same translators as Zotero and they wrote one for Summons 2.0 which has been up since early December.

Could you describe the page refresh issue a bit more? I thought this just worked now.
  • I did a search, capture some items. Typed another search in the search box, got a new set of results, clicked on the Zotero folder icon, chose some new titles. When they came into Zotero they were from the previous search. I had to refresh the page to got Zotero to see the new search results.

Well ProQuest has many parts and probably doesn't know what the other parts are doing!
  • thanks, we'll take a look. That's obviously not right.
  • I'm having the same issue with my library's Summon 2.0-based page.

Specifically, as creik reported it is finding results from previous searches; just as seriously, sometimes it pulls the wrong results when choosing the Zotero folder icon and selecting items from the list: if I choose items 1, 3, and 6, I might get 1, 4, and 5 (or something--I haven't investigated thoroughly enough to discern a pattern).

On a possibly-related note, Zotero is not capturing RIS exports from the saved items folder; the only option is to save the RIS file and import manually.

• Pretty sure this would be fixed by https://github.com/zotero/zotero-connectors/pull/30 and https://github.com/zotero/zotero/pull/592 Just waiting for code review from Zotero developers.

Regarding RIS, the issue is with Summons 2.0 implementation. From my comment above
    Summons serves the RIS/BibTeX files as application/octet-stream, but it should be application/x-research-info-systems and application/x-bibtex respectively.
  • How do I get zotero icons to pop up in the address bar
  • you'd need to tell us a little more -- which site are you looking at, which browser, which Zotero software do you have installed, etc.
    Note that if this is not about a Summon 2.0 site, you should start a new thread (Start a New Discussion at the top left)