Searching gives no highlighting of hits ? no filtering ?

When searching a word I would like to filter the search to Notes only
and to highlight those hits.
Is there any highlighting of hits ?
  • not currently. It's generally planned, but probably not going to happen in the short term.
  • edited January 15, 2015
    PC, you can hit every note containing your search string. Zotero will list every source having a note that contains your search string. In the list beneath each source it will, unfortunately, list every note associated with that source. BUT, fortunately, it will grey out any note that does not contain a match for your search string. You must combine searches to accomplish this result. Getting the combination right can be a little tricky. Do you need assistance? m

N.B. You can also apply a tag to the results (only the actual hits) by clicking edit | select all in Firefox (or whatever) then dragging and dropping the highlighted hits onto the tag. Edit | select all also gives you a kind of "highlighting," albeit temporary.
  • I assume the goal is to show search hit excerpts from the note (google--or, more immediately relevant, Mendeley-style). That would indeed be nice, but as you know isn't currently possible.
  • Oh. Okay. I don't know anything about Mendeley. I just found that when I search within notes, I do not automatically see the non-hits greyed out. So I have to play around until I get/remember the formula for greying out non-hits. Perhaps my problem is not really a common problem, or perhaps it is more easily solved by others than I suspected. Thx, m
  • They need to highlight the search string within the text of their notes? Those must be some huge notes (no disrespect intended). m