Problems with line breaks in bibliography

I'm working on a variation of the Harvard style, where there should be line break before writing the URL in the bibliography.

I tried at first to use: & # 1 0 ; or & # 1 3 ; (without the spaces), but that didn't have any affect. So I decided to use the display attribute instead.
The solution now works, but there is two empty lines after posts with an URL, and only one line after posts without URL.

As far as I can see, the problem is caused by two soft returns inserted directly before and after a 'display=block' element.

Is there any way to avoid this extra line break?

My code:

<bibliography et-al-min="7" et-al-use-first="6" second-field-align="flush">
<layout>
<text variable="citation-number" suffix="."/>
<group delimiter=". " suffix=".">
<group delimiter=" ">
<group delimiter=". ">
<text macro="author"/>
<text macro="title"/>
<text macro="editor"/>
<text macro="container-title"/>
</group>
<text macro="material"/>
</group>
<text macro="edition"/>
<group delimiter="; ">
<group delimiter=": ">
<text macro="city"/>
<text macro="publisher"/>
</group>
<group delimiter=" ">
<text macro="year"/>
<text macro="accessed"/>
</group>
<text macro="locator"/>
</group>
<text macro="url"/>
</group>
</layout>
</bibliography>
  • You don't actually have the version with display up, so hard to tell, but line breaks are a bit of a mess. IIRC, you should be able to get this right by setting everything but the URL to display="block"
  • edited January 7, 2015
    Sorry, that was an unrelated snippet of code - I don't know where my brain was.

Anyway, thanks for the answer adamsmith. I followed your advice like this:

<bibliography et-al-min="4" et-al-use-first="1" delimiter-precedes-last="never">
    <sort>
    <key macro="alphabeticize"/>
    <key macro="issued"/>
    </sort>
    <layout>
    <group display="block">
    <text macro="author-or-title-first"/>
    <text macro="container" suffix="."/>
    </group>
    <text macro="access" suffix="."/>
    </layout>
    </bibliography>

Where the macro "access" writes out the URL and accessed date, which I want on a separate line. However the output looks like this:

Antoniou, G.A. et al., 2009. Outcome after endovascular stent graft repair of aortoenteric fistula: a systematic review (Provisional abstract), Journal of Vascular Surgery, årg. 49, nr. 3, s. 782–789.

Arbejdsmiljørådets Service Center, 2001. 43 forskningsrapporter [CD-ROM]. Kbh.: Videnscenter for arbejdsmiljø.

Archive the web [Online], 2013.
    Tilgængelig fra: https://www.zotero.org/support/archive_the_web [Lokaliseret 12-11-2014].

Bak, P., 2005. Mødet mellem eksplicitte og «tavse»kundskaber i praksisfællesskaber : fokusgruppeinterview med tværfaglige team i social- og sundhedssektoren med forebyggende og sundhedsfremmende opgaver [dissertation]. Göteborg: Nordiska högskolan för folkhälsovetenskap.
    Tilgængelig fra: http://www.nhv.se/upload/dokument/forskning/Publikationer/MPH/MPH 2005-12 PBak.pdf [Lokaliseret 03-07-2014].

Birkler, J., 2006. Etik i sundhedsvæsenet. Kbh.: Munksgaard Danmark.

Dalton, A. et al., 2007. Advanced medical life support : a practical approach to adult medical emergencies. 3. udgave. Upper Saddle River, N.J.: Pearson Education.

There's still two line breaks after entries without URL, and only one after those with URL.

Edited to add: This time I've double-checked that it is the right code.
  • right, of course, that'd happen. Sorry, I don't think you'll be able to get that right, then.
    I think I asked fbennett about the extra soft return after a block once, but can't recall what he said, unfortunately.
  • Okay. Thanks for the help.