sync never worked

I have always updated Zotero to the laterst svn version, yet never managed to sync my library. Firefox hangs for a little while until the sync arrow starts to spin. It stops spinning after a while and show the exclamation mark.

I have reported the error. Report ID: 573716866. It will first show that I did not provide the password (which I subsequently provided). After that providing the password, it still shows a problem with the server, if I'm correct.

I'm on Mac Leopard. Zotero version 1.5a1.r3836

Any help would be appreciated.
  • The sync is taking too long, and the request is timing out. The server side of things still needs to be optimized to handle larger syncs (and the timeout may need to be increased as well). How many items do you have in your library?
  • Ok, that must be it. Without the child-notes, I have 3112 items. I thought Zotero would only sync the specific folder which I highlighted whilst syncing.
  • I thought Zotero would only sync the specific folder which I highlighted whilst syncing.
    No, it syncs your entire library.

We'll try to speed up the initial server-side save so that larger libraries can sync.