Synology Webdav sync with Zotero

Hi guys,
I am trying to sync using webdav between a synology station and zotero firefox with no success.
I can successfully setup webdav https on my NAS.
I can successfully access my webdav folder using Netdrive
Used the same URL in zotero results in "File sync is successfully setup"
However since I don't want to use zotero server, when I press the sync button in firefox, it complains about my zotero server credentials !!
Using the above steps in another PC doesn't show my library.

What am I missing :) ?
  • WebDAV is only for syncing files. Zotero still needs to sync data via the Zotero servers.
  • So basically, if all is working, files will be on the NAS but the bibliography data will be on Zotero server correct ?
  • Yes, that's right.
  • Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply.
  • Hi Amarzouk,

I am considering buying Synology NAS (DS415play), and hope to use it for Zotero webdav.
    I have very few technical skills with computers - just an end user who sometimes can fix easy problems under the hood. I was wondering if you had any advice for a novice who might be going down this route. And - I notice they have just updated their disk station software to 5.0, does this make things easier or more difficult. Any thoughts would be welcomed!
  • Hi everyone,

Was looking for some guidance and found this thread. I apologize in advance for my questions …

I currently have two devices (128Gb MacBook Air+iPad Air) and pay unlimited storage on Zotero. The MacBook is full because of the Zotero library, couldn’t even install Catalina!

I'm thinking of slowly moving to a tablet-only setup, buying an iPad Pro and a NAS (can’t wait for Zotero/IOS here). I understand I can have the metadata on Zotero server while the attachments could be stored in my NAS, right?

Could someone give some advice on how to plan this transition? How can I store my library in the NAS and sync it with that on Zotero servers? Does the NAS need some particular tech specs? I’m seeing Synology is first choice but a bit pricey for me. Would a WD MyCloud be good for the job?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!