How to Properly delete in-text citations?

How are we supposed to properly delete an in-text citation? If I manually delete the citation, it will be regenerated by Zotero the next time Zotero refreshes or inserts a new citation. There does not appear to be a 'delete citation' button or option anywhere, and the only reliable way I have found to delete the citation is quite awkward (click on the citation, click the 'add citation' button, agree to 'replace zotero field', and then cancel out of the zotero 'add/edit citation' manager when it appears)

I gave a quick look through the forums, but I haven't found an answer to this yet (my apologies in advance if I stupidly missed something obvious :P)

Thanks for your help,

Pat
  • You delete in-text citations just by erasing them manually. If you delete them fully, they shouldn't be regenerated. If this isn't working for you, tell us whether you're using Word or OpenOffice, whether you're using fields or bookmarks, and exactly what you're doing to try to delete them.
  • Hi Dan, Thanks for your quick reply :)

I'm using open-office 3.0 (on Ubuntu 8.10) with Zotero 1.5 sync-preview 3.3 and Open Office plugin v2.0a2 and I am using 'bookmarks' for in-text citations.

If I delete, backspace, or 'cut' a citation it will regenerate when I press the refresh button. This will happen even if I delete the citation, save my document, close the document, reopen it and then press the refresh button - the citation is regenerated.

I'll have to double check if this happens without pressing the refresh button, but even so - I do need to press refresh sometimes (e.g., accidentally deleted something).

Thanks again,

Pat