Accessibility: font sizing

Very promising product but I find it hard to read text. I would like to see Zotero having the same controls for text size sizing as web pages i.e. Cmd shift + or -. Can't see this breaking the interface so would like to see this in all panes/fields and drop downs.
  • I sincerely second this, I have bad eyesight and the small fonts are extremely hard to read for me. I would gladly swap less text coverage for bigger font sizes, please make the font sizes changeable.
  • Thanks for these comments--we do have accessibility in mind for upcoming releases and will work on this issue.
  • Is there a way to resize certain fonts, even inconveniently? A config file buried away somewhere?

I'm using zotero on an Ubuntu system, with a 1280x1024 screen resolution. Somehow the way the app is drawn, the zotero tool bar is too small for the search field text size. In other words, although I can type stuff into the search field, I can't read it because the letters are too big for the little window. Thanks.
  • Ah, sorry. I bet it's really the same issue as the compressed icons thing, rather than the font sizes per se. Nevermind.
  • Hello,

the only thing missing in this upgrade which I am direly needing was a way to change the font size - as I work all the time with Zotero now (I've transferred all my notes) and my eyes are a problem I am desparately looking forward to this option being added. In the meantime - can I change the font size manually somewhere? In a css file or something, without corrupting the Zotero installation?

Regards,
    Peter
  • Peter — sorry we weren't able to get to this in time for Beta 3.

You can indeed change the font sizes manually, however. First, take a look at Modifying Zotero Files from the dev docs. The file you want to edit is chrome/skin/default/zotero/overlay.css. Add the following code to the top of the file and repackage according to the instructions (or edit chrome.manifest as described in "Longer-Term Development" to play around with it some more).

#zotero-collections-tree treechildren, #zotero-items-tree treechildren,
    #zotero-pane label, #zotero-pane textbox
    {
    font-size: 1.5em;
    }
    Hope that helps in the interim.
  • Hello Dan,

thanks for the tip, works perfectly :-) :-)

Regards,
    Peter
  • This also works if you put it in your userChrome.css. Much simpler that trying to alter the Zotero extension.

Sincerely,
    Derek
  • Font resizing will be in Beta 4 (out very, very soon) in the preferences panel.