New features to Saved Searches

Inside the Zotero Firefox addon and the standalone version you can save advanced searches. I do miss the following features:

• nested searches, e.g. a search called "groundwater" with "tag=groundwater" and searches as child to this one. A child could be e.g. "Management" with "(inside results of parent search) and (tag=management)"

• Saving / syncing searches with the Zotero server.

Greetings, Thomas
  • nested searches, e.g. a search called "groundwater" with "tag=groundwater" and searches as child to this one. A child could be e.g. "Management" with "(inside results of parent search) and (tag=management)"
    You can reference another search using "Saved Search" criteria when creating a saved search
    Saving / syncing searches with the Zotero server
    Technically searches sync, they're just not displayed online. Not sure that this would happen soon either. But searches will sync from one Zotero client to another via zotero.org.
  • (ability to display saved searches in a nested way has been requested multiple times. The common request there, though, is to have that for organizational reasons and not to associated with any particular behavior between child and parent saved searches. Forum search should get you to the relevant threads).
  • Thanks for the hint on "Saved Search" criteria. I was overlooking it in the drop list of the search criteria.

For the server side displaying or creating saved searches online I hope this will done.
  • Please can I also request the ability to store all my saved searches in a "collection"? I have dozens of saved searches, and they are clogging up the left hand side of my screen!
  • I use the Zotpress plugin on my wordpress site. It is an excellent plugin to display zotero libraries/collections. Unfortunately it seems to be only able to display collections that can be seen on the zotero.org site. If the searches actually do exist there (this is the first I am hearing of this), is there some way to access them via the API?