Generating bibliogrphy

Report ID: 1386277123

I am using Zotero in Firefox and Chrome. When I right click an item and try to create a bibliography, a error message shows up:

"JavaScript Application An error occurred generating your bibliography. Please try again."

The version of Zotero is the lastest one. What should I do to generate a bibliography? Please help.
  • [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED: Component returned failure code: 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED) [nsICollation.compareString]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/citeproc.js" line: 1014}]
    Upgrade to the latest version of Firefox. You're running 27.0.1, which is outdated.
  • Thanks for the suggestion.

I have updated the Firefox to 31.0, but the problem still exists.
  • Can you provide another Report ID from that?
  • The report ID are 1060678372 for Zotero Standalone and 2142169166 for Firefox.
  • Is there any solutions? Please advise.
  • What is fbennett?
  • Dan is asking someone else--fbennett--to look at that error.
  • Gigi Lo: That error cannot occur in the latest version of Zotero (the code line it reports was removed on July 6 of this year with an upgrade of the citation processor).

Please check your Zotero version and try again -- the latest is 4.0.21.
  • edited August 17, 2014
    Gigi Lo: One more thing that might be relevant: If you have the CSL processor "patch plugin" installed, you can (and should) remove it or disable it. Any fixes that it introduced will have been included in the latest processor installed in Zotero.
  • 4.0.21.5 of Zotero Standalone, no patch plugin
  • Apologies. I assumed the upgrade had been released, without checking the version history on zotero.org. Sorry for the confusion.

The current Zotero release came out on June 27, so the July 6 processor is not yet in the stable release.

Gigi Lo: Correct advice this time. I have updated the processor patch plugin with the latest version of citeproc.js. If you install it, that error should go away. The only effect of the plugin is to swap in the latest version of the citation processor: you can remove the plugin at the next Zotero upgrade.
  • edited December 1, 2014
    REPORT ID: 1962966041

same problem just in. Zotero 4.0.24, Firefox 34.0

When I right click an item and try to create a bibliography on the clipboard, the error message shows up:

"An error occurred generating your bibliography. Please try again."

the only firefox extensions are Adblock Plus, Zotero and Zotfile.

Recreate the steps. Mac froze and crashed, restarted itself because of large pdf files in preview. Since then this.

Help much appreciating, dissertation to write.

what is to be done as lenin would say?
  • start a new thread, please (red "Start a New Discussion" button at the top right) Would be useful to know what _exactly_ you're doing - which citation style, which settings in the window.
  • actually no need, I can reproduce this. Continued here:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/42620/4024-regression-create-bibliograph-notecitation-bug/
  • dear zotero peeps

thanks ill wait, await, the new fix