UI issues

I just updated Sync Preview from 1.5 sync3.2 to 1.5 sync3.3 and the following issues cropped up:
1) clicking on zotero icon opens the interface all the way up- completely blocking the website, even though under preferences, it is set to display 'under' browser content.
2) clicking on any links in zotero (ex. zotero website under 'about') opens new browser window, even though firefox is set to open new link in new tab.
Both these issues were not seen in the previous release.
  • 1) AFAIK "above" or "below" in the preferences determines which part of your browser window zotero lives in (i.e. top or bottom respectively) when not in "full screen" mode.

It sounds like zotero is opening in that mode for you - does clicking the "Toggle Fullscreen Mode" button (between the sync and close buttons) not collapse zotero back to its respective half of the window?

2) For me, at least, double clicking the URL item on an entry opens that URL in the current browser window/tab...
  • It isn't exactly opening in full screen mode. It covers everything except the tab bar. When I click "toggle fullscreen", it covers the tabs bar also. When I click again, it simply returns to its earlier position of covering the whole browser window up to the tab bar.

I also cannot resize the zotero window by dragging.

mbentley, are you using sync3.3 or 3.2?
    my FF is 3.0.4.
  • Temporarily disable your tags pane and see if that makes it possible to resize Zotero.
  • mark, I am able to resize zotero when I hide the tags pane.
    thanks.
    But it jumps back up when I unhide the tags pane.
  • Can you resize the tags pane?
  • Mark and Tjowens, thanks! My first day as a Zotero user and I encountered this problem. Took a while to find this thread. Now if I ccan just remember how to get out of this the next time it happens...