Missing items and collections in Standalone

Hello,

I am a manager of a Group Library in Zotero, with about 15 current members and multiple past members. One member, over few month period, never managed to fully sync items to the Group Library and on top of that, also used the Owner account (this one) during work at some point - then logged on back to the member's own account and later on, did a full sync.

Now some of the items and one folder seem to have disappeared, and I wonder if that has anything to do with using the two accounts in one Standalone, and the lack of syncing. Is there any way to retrieve these missing items?
  • Items should never disappear unless they have been explicitly deleted. Obviously it's possible that happened (i.e. he or someone else did that) in the process of using two accounts in the same Zotero version, but incomplete sync alone wouldn't cause that.

There's no easy way to retrieve missing items, no. First, check if they're still in the Zotero Trash, that'd be the easiest. If not, restoring from an automatic back-up might help you to see them again and you could restore them via export/import https://www.zotero.org/support/zotero_data#restoring_from_the_last_automatic_backup

note that restore to server won't work for groups.