Error 1904675661

I had to reinstall windows on my computer and was using the latest version of the sync preview as of yesterday without a problem. When i reinstalled zotero it tries to upgrade my library (although I was already using the latest version, so my library should have already been up to date).

I get this error
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.createUnique]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/schema.js :: _migrateUserDataSchema :: line 1838" data: no]

and cannot access my database. I have a big project due shortly and I need to access my zotero quickly! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, everytime I try to go through the process I get a different error code. The error code from the latest iteration is the topic of this discussion.

Thanks!
  • 1) This is attempting to upgrade a 1.0.7 database to 1.5. If that's not what you were expecting, Zotero is likely set to the wrong data directory location.

2) There's a bug in Firefox 3 on Windows that causes the error you're seeing. We can work around it, but, if there's an 'orphaned-files' directory within your Zotero data directory, you may be able to move that out of the way before attempting the upgrade to fix the problem (again, assuming the upgrade is what you intended).
  • Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    That's odd...Let me double and triple check.
    I have been working with sync preview for a couple of months now, so I'm not sure why it would be seeing an old database. Thanks again!
  • Dan -

Thanks so much for helping out idiots like me who can't seem to figure out where they backed things up. Problem solved! But I wouldn't have been able to solve it without your speedy response to point me in the right direction.

Thanks again.