cannot insert citation

I am using Mac OSX 10.9.5, Firefox 32.0.2 and Zotero 4.0.23.1, NeoOffice 3.4.1 patch 7. Recently I started getting a message saying the Openoffice.org is not communicating with Zotero, and to ensure that Zotero or Standalone is open. What should I do?
  • Citation insertion used to work fine but at some point it worked only when I opened both Zotero Firefox and Zotero Standalone. I recently deleted Zotero Standalone, and now I can no longer insert citations.
  • start by re-installing the word processor integration from the Cite Tab of the Zotero preferences.
  • Many thanks, adamsmith. Citation insertion works fine now after re-installing WP integration from Cite Tab. This forum is a big help. I can't imagine what users would do without it.
  • I'm having the same problem (with Word plugin). But the Cite tab (in Zotero Standalone) does not show the reinstall option, only "Use classic dialogue." Any idea why this is missing?
  • that shouldn't be possible in standalone. Could you provide an error report after opening that tab in the preferences?
    https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#provide_a_report_id
  • Report ID: 1674922009

1415133553958 addons.update-checker WARN Update manifest for zoteroOpenOfficeIntegration@zotero.org did not contain an updates property
    1415133553966 addons.update-checker WARN Update manifest for zoteroMacWordIntegration@zotero.org did not contain an updates property
    [JavaScript Error: "NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED: Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [mozIStoragePendingStatement.cancel]" {file: "file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/components/zotero-autocomplete.js" line: 330}]
    [JavaScript Error: "Zotero could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again."]
    [JavaScript Error: "Zotero could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again."]
  • Zotero LibreOffice Integration is disabled. Go to Tools->Add-ons and re-enable Zotero LibreOffice Integration.
  • Thanks. After a little sleuthing I realized I had inadvertently opened Zotero in safe mode, and thus disabled all add-ons.