Enterprise Solutions

How can Zotero be used as complete inventory tool to catologue and track all objects for enterprises of all sizes?

Also, how can a folder system be developed to facilitate all collections of all objects, participating branches of the enterprise, along with its activities and relationships?
  • I expect you'll have to be more specific about what it is you want, but I'll start by saying that whatever shortages Zotero might have for your projected use (and there may be many), and whatever possibilities it might also have (and there could well be some), Zotero has no ability to do 'inventory' in the sense of keeping track of multiple instances of the same object. So tracking 'all objects for enterprises of all sizes' doesn't sound like something that Zotero could easily be trained to do. It's a great program for what it does, but it achieves that party by not being a jack of every data-managing trade imaginable.

The best thing to do is install Zotero, watch the excellent tutorial videos, and mess around. At the moment, Zotero has a fixed number of data types. The first question is, do they work for you?

There will be some data sharing and syncing functionality soon (it's partly in the 'sync preview' already), but if I had to put money down, I don't guess that it will do what you are looking for. If you are looking for a program to manage the metadata typically associated with books, journal articles, web pages, and products produced in various other media, well, then you may have stumbled onto something that might interest you, otherwise, you might want to keep looking.