Transferring group ownership

Hi,

I am trying to transfer group ownership for a library of which I am the current owner.

I do not see the option to do so anywhere and cannot find anything in the documentation beyond this line: "Group owners have all the same privileges as administrators, but can also delete the group or transfer ownership to another member." (https://www.zotero.org/support/groups).

I found the following guide as well (http://iupui.campusguides.com/content.php?pid=248795&sid=2055330) that shows a "Transfer Ownership" subsection in the Groups->Members setting; however, I do not see anything like that when I am look at the member's setting on my account.

How can I transfer ownership?

Thanks,
  • It's at the bottom right of Group Settings, below "Delete Group"
  • Great. Thanks :)

Looks like it was moved since the documentation was written.
  • Groups - HELP!!! THANK YOU. Time sensitive! Hi, I am working with a group of 30 students on developing a group databank on topics. I thought they could all search and add to the group I set up. A few problems.

1)As Group coordinator, I sent invitations to all 30 but only 10 appeared on the acceptance roster even though all signed in for, received the link after registering and followed the links. Is there another step? Why didn't all with account come through on my owner list?

2)CAN FOLKS add to collections in group if they are not owner? I have signed them all in as administrators once their names come through as having accepted the invitation. Should they be able to manipulate and add to the collections I have built or it it read only? I was hoping for something that would allow them all to add data to the collections. Is this not part of the Groups parameters?

3) If it doesn't work that way, what would be a better approach?

Thank you! I would appreciate a reply soon as I have another class I booked the computer lab for this Thursday afternoon est.

Thank you.
  • no idea on 1)

On 2) Administrators can add & edit, yes. Depending on who they are, it might make more sense to turn them into members and allow members write&edit access in group settings. But either will work.