Spécific page and total number of pages

Hello, I would like to indicate both a specific page of a book and the total number of pages of the same book. Does anyone have any idea how?

Because I want to indicate the particular page in endnotes and the total number of pages in the bibliography.

Thanks
  • generally citations styles can do that when you use the word processor add-in for Zotero (and input the specific page there). For page ranges (say for book chapters or journal articles) you'll have exactly this in, e.g., the Chicago Manual of Style styles. I think you'll likely have to manually adjust a style if you also want the total number of pages for a book. At least I'm not aware of any style that does that.

Instructions for that here: http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/citation_styles/style_editing_step-by-step
  • Several of the French styles should include page totals for books (it's a common requirement in France). Can't check myself atm, but let us know here if you fail to find one which works for you and I will have another look.
  • Thanks for your help.

I didn't find on style which works fine, I think i will edit manually a CSL style to achieve this.

@Clio_13
    I'm a french student, i need this fonctionnality to write an academic paper.
  • You could see whether this style suits your needs www.franziska.fr/ehess-histoire.csl I wrote it for students of mine and have been meaning to get back to it to rewrite it properly. It should be functional though and it definitely does page totals for books.
  • edited October 19, 2014
    Thank you very much. I tested your file and that is exactly what I need. Thank you for your work, it's really great.

I'll probably make some small changes because I would like generate a bibliography which separate books and journal articles, for example first generate the list of all books, then the list of all journal articles, then the list of all websites etc. ..