Small edit needed to Journal of Roman Studies

Hi all,

Would it be possible to do a small edit to the Journal of Roman Studies style? In the bibliography, works should be sorted by author then date, not author then title as it is now.

I can see how to fix it on my own version of the style, but it might as well be fixed for everyone... Sorry for my lack of skill, but if anyone has ten minutes to do this it would be much appreciated!

K
  • I cannot find anything about the order in the bibliography in the style guide. Do I miss something or from where do you have the information? I agree, it is an small change. BTW if you like, you can make/suggest the change in the official repository yourself (HOWTO)
  • (if this is based on multiple (!) published articles or on feedback from the editor, that's good enough information for use to change it, too).
  • You're right, it doesn't say it there, but they instruct authors separately by email too (I have been an author with them). If you look at a journal article in the last issue you can see this is how they do it, it's the same for all Cambridge University Press publications I think.

I'm somehow failing to get the repository to work - prob because my internet is dodgy at the moment. If anyone can make the change quickly, I'd really appreciate it. I'll check it out in a couple of days if not.
  • no worries, one of use will do it. Thanks for pointing it out. Should happen in the next day or two, we'll post here.
  • Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. You guys are awesome.
  • Okay, I will make the change now.
  • The style is now fixed. The updated version will appear on the repository within 30mins (check the timestamp). Styles update automatically within 24hs for Zotero 4.0+ In an existing document, you may have to switch to a different style and back for the changes to take effect once the style is updated. Any further problems please let us know & thanks for reporting
  • The Journal of Roman Studies style appears to have reverted and does not sort citations by publication date anylonger. Is it possible to fix this again?
  • Is that the only change needed?
  • I believe so.